Saturday, July 28, 2007

A new (blog hosting) day has dawned

I blame Heidi. This is all her fault.

She started a blog and suddenly I found myself missing writing in my journal. (I journal on and off, with an acutal pen in an actual book. Ink on paper?!? Shocking, I know!) I never wrote as regularly as I would have liked, but there have been enough entries over the years to have some sort of documentation of my life. Plenty of them are overly-dramatic. I have a flair for the overly-dramatic . . .

Anyhow, Heidi got a blog, and soon I followed suit. Up until now my entries have been confined to the universe of MySpace, making them off limits to some. Heidi was on blogspot and so was my best friend from high school, Heather, so guess what I did? I hopped on the blogspot train. I'm an internet leming apparently.

So what do I have to offer the blogging world? Not much. I don't profess to be the funniest, wittiest, most insightful writer ever. I don't even claim to be interesting. I just like to write. And frankly, I can type faster than I can write in a book. And there's less hand cramping. You don't have to stop periodically and shake the death-grip out of your hand. Oh! And that obnoxious callous that forms on your finger when you write too much. I hate that! It's so unattractive on a hand. The one I had has all but disappeared now that I'm out of school and not taking copius amounts of notes on a daily basis. Ugh. You should have seen it when I was in school. Yuck-o-lah.

So before I start anything of substance (hah!) I need to give a quick blogspot promotion to my girls who have come before me:

My girl, Heidi:

http://thatrudegirl.blogspot.com/


My girl, Heather:

http://lilduckweed.blogspot.com/

I read them. I love them. You should too.

So, welcome to my world. I hope you find it worth your attention.

No comments: