Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Aloha!


Well, Zac got his orders. Looks like we're bound for Hawai'i. We probably won't be heading out that way until July, when his orders in El Sal are officially over. So either we'll have to try and squeeze in some time during softball season to see each other, or just wait the four months and see each other when he's done. Either way, I'm glad to know that I'll be seeing him sometime soon and he isn't being shipped off to someplace dangerous.
I don't have any of the details regarding the move. I'm sure I'll be sharing those as they come. I can't imagine that things will go 100% smoothly, thereby providing fodder for the blog.


Speaking of blog fodder, I am wrapping up a weekend with the flu. I'm pissed. I was suppose to go to a hockey game with Heather tonight, but instead I'm sitting here. Miserable. The girl knows me well. A hockey game is EXACTLY what I needed to get me out of my sad funk, and she busted her cute little butt to get the tickets. I was really, really looking forward to the game. Some dinner, some beer, some hockey? What's a girl not to love?


Heather and I have a long history of going to hockey games together, back to when we were freshmen in high school, and it would have been fun to sit around and shoot the shit while cheering on the Wild. I haven't had the chance to hang out with her since the wedding, which really isn't like hanging out. It's more like a "Hi! I'm so glad you're here! Gotta keep greeting people . . ."
Anyhow, I was so stoked. I was bragging to people at work about going to the game . . . .


And then I got hit by the flu truck, which then backed over me a couple more times, just for good measure.


I suck.
No, actually, I don't suck. The co-worker of mine that came into work last Thursday hacking and wheezing and coughing and complaining about being ill sucks. This is all her fault. She called in sick on Friday, no doubt laid up with what kicked my butt these last few days. She should have stayed home on Thursday. But NO! Instead she contaminated us all by coming in and I HAD TO MISS A WILD GAME WITH HEATHER BECAUSE SHE'S AN INCONSIDERATE GERM FACTORY!!!

The game just ended and the Wild lost. No doubt because my sorry butt wasn't there to support them. I owe HB big time for bailing on her.

1 comment:

H said...

No worries lady!! Rob has a few germ factories at work that refuse to stay home and he always brings it home to me :)

I am glad to hear the Navy has given you a destination... I have always wanted to see Hawai'i