Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Quick Hits vol. 3

Just a few thoughts for today.

1. The weather on the East Coast is really messing with my baseball viewing/listening. It's irritating. The rain needs to stop. I was looking forward to hours upon hours of Twins baseball today because of the double header. Someone needs to build an ark the size of a baseball field with a retractable roof. That shouldn't be that hard.

2. If you're looking for some interesting reading check out Minnpost.com. I find at least a couple of articles there each day that blow my mind. I just finished reading an interview of Gary Schwitzer regarding the media's coverage of health care issues. I didn't even realize that it was an interesting topic until I read the interview. Worth five minutes of your day for sure.

3. We're supposed to go out on the pontoon again this weekend with Navy peeps. Last time we had crummy weather and had to abort our day of fun. Now it looks like we might have crummy weather again. Seriously??? This is Hawaii. I'm disappointed in this state.

4. Here's me and a wallaby in Australia:



5. There are waaaaay too many things on the internet that distract me from work. Unbelievable. I'm sort of ashamed of myself. But then I find something that amuses me and the shame vanishes.

6. I have desperately wanted to bake cookies for two weeks, but the guys have their Physical Readiness Test (PRT) on Friday and I have been instructed not to introduce baked goods into Zac's office until after the completion of the test.

7. Here's Zac feeding the dolphins in Australia:



8. Here's a koala, doing what koalas do. Eating eucalyptus.



9. Oh my goodness! They're showing the Gopher v. Badger softball double header on BTN right now! Sorry baseball, you've failed me. It's all about fastpitch today. Most excellent! (My only gripe about college softball? Lately I've seen more and more players wearing crazy eye black, like they're trying to be John Randle. I think it's rather silly. If you're going to use it, put a two inch streak under each eye and leave it alone. You're not Polynesian warriors.)

10. I want to be Michele Tafoya or Marney Gellner when I grow up.

11. A Gopher just crushed a homerun. The audio caught the MN bench cheering, "Ya, you betcha!" I love it. Classic.

1 comment:

Austin Gorton said...

Eh, all you missed out on with the Twins games was hearing the Red Sox wallop our atrocious pitching out of the park while our offense watched idly, never quite feeling like getting into the game.