Monday, December 15, 2008

To borrow a blog heading: "Quick Hits"

Here's Zac and me, after the 5k. We were donning our gay apparel. Well, accessories anyhow.






Bernadette and I. Notice how much taller she is than I am? This means that she has to take less steps to complete the 5k, which is almost like cheating. In my next life I am SO going to be 5'7".
Zac and I at the ATG Christmas party last Friday night. (The party we drove to when I heard the EBS message. I guess it was worth the peril.) I regret that I didn't get a full-length photo of me in my dress because right now it's my favorite thing in my closet.

I've made Brown Sugar Crinkles, Swedish Rusk and these Hershey Kiss cookies so far this month. I'd like to extend my thanks to Zac's coworkers for eating most of them so I don't get fat.

The tomato plants are starting to bloom! I'm going to have tomatoes soon! I'm excited about this possibility. It doesn't make up for no snow or hot chocolate or cozy sweaters, but it's something to put in the 'pro' column of living here.








I'm sorry, but Lincoln is adorable. I will challenge someone to fisticuffs if they disagree.

1 comment:

Austin Gorton said...

I hope you realize you're living in some kind of Bizarro world in which plants boom and 5Ks are run during the holiday season.

I normally don't disparage MN weather, but with current highs in the...ones (?? whatever the numbers between 0 and 10 are called) and my garage (maybe) being frozen open, your tales of fresh produce and outdoor activity this near Christmas makes a small part of me jealous.

Speaking of which, how many people have you wished you "Mele Kalikimaka" yet? I have it on good authority that it's the Hawaiian way to say Merry Christmas :)