Monday, December 14, 2009

In the eye of the beholder

Just a quick note. Zac and I went out to finish up the Christmas shopping this evening and we decided to swing by a yogurt place on the way home. (These yogurt shops are the hottest thing going out here on Oahu - they're popping up everywhere. You put as much soft yogurt as you want - as many flavors as you want! - into a cup and add copious amounts of toppings. Then you pay by the ounce for your sins. It's delicious.) We both got a bowl of goodness and then went outside to sit like we usually do.

When I was about half-way through my bowl I realized that I was freezing. Although I was wearing a tank-top and jeans I still had goose bumps all over my arms. I shivered and looked around at the other people that were walking around the strip mall and more than a few of them had the arms-crossed-tightly-because-I'm-cold-walk going. After we finished our dessert and got back in the car I looked at the temperature on the dashboard and it said 74. Brrrrrr.

Once I got home I put on a sweatshirt, hopped on my laptop and pulled up startribune.com. Looks like it's 0 degrees in MN with -20 to -30 windchills. That's 16 months in Hawaii for you - my concept of 'brrrrrr' is way off. :)

2 comments:

Austin Gorton said...

Ha!

We have yogurt stands like that here, too. You just reach your bowl out and scoop up as much snow as you want and cover it in all the toppings you have in the cupboard. ;)

Kate said...

But I've heard to stay away from the "lemon-flavored" variety when scooping up a bowl from the great outdoors . . .