Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Back from vacation

I got home yesterday from spending a few days in Hawaii with Bernadette, Claudia and a couple of other friends.  I hadn't planned on returning to Hawaii so soon after we left, but Bernadette told me that she was going to run the Maui marathon on January 22nd and she suggested that we meet up a few days before that on Oahu.  I hadn't seen Bernadette since she and Ken left Oahu almost two years ago.  The thought of her, Claudia and me lounging on the beach, laughing and catching up was too good to pass up.  Zac is also gone for the month, going to a school in Indiana, so I was alone in the house anyhow.  I found someone to watch the dogs and I headed to paradise for some rest and relaxation.  It was kind of fun being a tourist in Hawaii, rather than a resident.  Hopefully I won't have to wait another two years to see the two of them - Claudia's family will be moving to San Diego in April and Bernadette & Ken might be heading this way too.  That would be fine by me.  It's great to be surrounded by good friends.

No comments: