Sunday, January 8, 2012

It's about to be Kate's (619)

I'm going to have to change the name of my blog in about a month.  Why?  We bought a house.  HOORAY!  We finally found the one!  It's located in the eastern part of the metro area and it's about a 25 minute drive from Zac's work.  It's got three bedrooms, two bathrooms, a two-car garage and an awesome back (and front) yard.  We're in the middle of the process right now and we should be closing in about four weeks.  I suppose something unforeseen could pop up and derail the purchase, but I'm cautiously optimistic that any hiccups would have been unearthed by now.  After looking at houses for a couple of months, Zac and I were starting to wonder when we'd find one that fit us.  Finally, the week before Christmas, we found this one.  We put in an offer right away and they accepted it on Christmas Eve.  (Which we didn't learn about until the 26th - so it was an early/belated Christmas present for us.)  I'm looking forward to moving in and getting our household goods delivered.  I'm ready to get settled in and start putting our home together.

It's much, much to early to be blogging this morning.  6am on a Sunday?  I should be sound asleep.  But instead I was up at 4:15 this morning, getting ready to take Zac to the airport.  Zac is going to an advanced armory school and he left today.  It's only for a month, so I'm not complaining, but I will miss him.  This will be our longest stretch apart since he was in El Salvador.  I'm really lucky because not only do I love Zac, but I like Zac too.  He's my partner in every sense of the word and life is a lot more fun when he's around.  Kissing him goodbye is always tough - I always want just one more.  Or one more hug.  Or another kiss.  But at some point the airport curb enforcement patrol gives us the evil eye for making out for too long and I have to let him go.  *sigh*  I know he's excited for this school so I'm glad he's getting the opportunity to go.     I guess this means that I'm in charge of putting out the recycling for the next four weeks.  Arg!  I miss him already. 

I was hoping that when I got home I'd be able to fall back asleep easily.  I was up early and didn't sleep very well last night, in fear that we'd miss our alarm.  Unfortunately as soon as I walked back in to the house I knew that while I'm pretty exhausted, I'm not sleepy right now.  I was secretly hoping that if I started typing that maybe the click-clack of the keys would lull me to sleep, but that hasn't happened yet.  I'd read a book or catch up on some magazines, but we don't have any lamps in the house and the ceiling-light doesn't give of nearly enough light to make reading easy or enjoyable.  I miss our lamps.  And our bed.  And my cookie sheets.  And our shelving.  And our legal-sized envelopes.  (While inexpensive, I refuse to buy another box of them because I have two boxes in storage.)  It's so nice to know that soon we'll have those things back and we'll able to sleep on a real mattress and bake cookies and mail things in appropriately-sized envelopes.  2012 is going to be a great year.  

1 comment:

BermySwag said...

Nice post, liked reading it