My appointment was this morning. Verdict? Shingles.
So I'm now pumping myself full of anti-viral medication. Gotta let it run its course. Too weird. The doctor said a few things:
- It's a little odd that I'm only 30 and got it, however,
- That works in my favor because I'm less likely to have any sort of complications or long-term effects from it.
- No one is particularly sure what causes it to "wake up" so there's no way to really know what caused it in me.
- It's possible I won't ever have it again, like chicken pox, because I'm having it now.
- But that's not 100%.
- I have to take horse pills five times a day for ten days. The pharmacist said, "You're going to feel like all you do is take pills." Five times a day? I would think so.
Anyhow, besides the occasionally intense pain and irritating itching, it's no big deal. At least it's something treatable. The body is a strange thing.