Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Back to MN

*phew*

I don't even know where to begin. It has been a crazy last week and a half. I got back Sunday night and was back at my desk Monday morning. I don't want this blog to turn into a 10,000 word posting so I'll highlight a few events and come back to them in the upcoming days as I run out of blog topics.
  • Flight to OKC got cancelled because of weather
  • Bawled on my parents couch at midnight on Thursday while all three of us were on the phone trying to find a flight on Friday that would get me to OKC in time for the pinning ceremony.
  • Bawled in the OKC airport as I waited to see if my bags would arrive, as they were on a different flight.
  • Made it to the pinning by the skin of my teeth.
  • Nearly fell apart again when I saw Zac in his khakis up on stage.
  • Shook like a leaf when I tried to pin on one of his anchors. (A combo of very little sleep, stress, nerves, excitement, caffeine and no lunch or supper.)
  • Tackled Zac after the ceremony when I got to see him for the first time in more than two months. (Aside from the aforementioned moment on the stage during the ceremony.)
  • Basked in the glow of being with my boy again.
  • Fussed over him because he was too skinny, tired, and coming down with a cold.
  • Spent time with my parents and his parents and brother, thereby facilitating the meeting of the families.
  • Bid adieu to our families.
  • Spent a week living on Tinker AFB.
  • Had a young Air Force service member create an imaginary baby to allow us to live in family housing for a few days.
  • Due to a booking snafu, spent the last few days living in the officers quarters. Best snafu ever.
  • Spent time with friends.
  • Laughed with friends.
  • Grilled with friends.
  • Enjoyed the perks of government subsidized food in the galley. Seriously, I've never eaten so much food for so cheap in my life. Two cafeteria trays full of food and it came to something like $2.35. Ridiculous.
  • Fell asleep each night, curled up next to one another, just like we used to.
  • Made some preliminary wedding plans.
  • Cried at the airport as I said goodbye to him again. Realized that it will never get any easier seeing him leave. But that's probably a good thing, isn't it? Because I never want there to be a time where it's easy to say goodbye to him.

So that's a quick overview of the 10 days or so. I may flesh some of these topics out in future blogs. Maybe some of you will even be lucky enough to hear about it in person over a beer or something.

And lest I forget to mention a few major events that occurred while I was gone :

Happy Birthday, Autumn!

Congrats Austin and Kristi!

No comments: