Thursday, November 15, 2007

Thanksgiving is when???

Two thoughts crossed my mind as I drove into work today.
  1. Holy crap. Thanksgiving is a week from today!
  2. Oh crap. That means I only get paid for three days of work next week!

I was happy about the first realization, but not so much about the second. I suppose I could attempt to cram 40 hours into three days. What is that? About three 13.33 hour days? As much as I'm going to miss the two days of pay, I think I'd be a very unhappy camper if I tried to pull off the 13.33 shift for three days.

I went to the Conservatory last night with Mom to check out the wedding site, in all its decorated glory. It is AMAZING at night when everything is lit up. Kudos to Megan for bringing it to my attention! I'm very happy with it. Most of the major wedding/reception decisions have been made. I'm really just sitting back and collecting RSVPs for now. It will be interesting to see how many out-of-state invitees will be able to attend. I'm wondering if I should have included a promise to take guests to the Mall of America the day after the wedding to sweeten the invatation pot. . . .

102.9 WLTE started playing Christmas music yesterday, much to my delight. Yes, I am that person. The one who thoroughly enjoys 40 days worth of Christmas songs. And NO, I don't get sick of hearing the same ones over and over again. They're like Christmas lights - they make the short days and cold weather just a bit more bearable. I mean, there is nothing more depressing than the end of January sitting in your car in rush hour traffic at 4:00pm and it's pitch black outside and you're stuck listening to Rob Thomas on the radio. Those are the moments that you're begging for Bing Crosby to come on and croon "White Christmas".

And just so I can place myself officially in the "lonely sap" catagory, I heard "Merry Christmas, Darling" by the Carpenters last night on the way home. When she sang, "We're apart that's true, but I can dream and in my dreams I'm Christmas-ing with you," I started to cry. Yup. I'm that person. I've got some shame. :)

1 comment:

Austin Gorton said...

Heh. I thought I was the only one with an embrarrasing love of Christmas music. Glad to know there are others out there...

Friends of mine got married at the Conservatory last summer-it was gorgeous, even in the 90 degree heat.