Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Finally able to slow down some

No, I didn't fall into an abyss. I just have been insanely busy the last couple of weeks. Any of you that have seen me lately know that I was teetering on the brink of insanity but I've managed to wiggle my way back from the ledge. Let the Holiday Season begin!!!

This was my weekend:

Friday night - Mom's surprise party. Crazy good time. She was totally surprised and it was a blast. We had it at the Black Forest in Minneapolis and it was well attended by her friends and loved ones. We had a kick-butt Power Point slide show with photos of Mom from the last 30-40 years. Dad even set it to music. It was really a fun night. With Megan's pregnancy and my wedding, it was great to see Mom be the center of attention.

Saturday - peanut brittle making for most of the day. I'm not sure how many batches we ended up making, but it was quite a bit. Probably twice as much as last time. And we're still not done. This latest installment was for the Boutique on this upcoming Saturday. There are always special orders from people and the gift giving that we do, so there will still be at least one more day of candy making.

Sunday - my bridal shower. (For a ridiculous picture of me, see Heidi's blog.) It was surreal being the "bride". I've been to showers, but it's a lot different when you're the star of the show. My mom and Megan did a great job of putting it together on such short notice. Too bad that the good folks at Mapquest do such shoddy work on their directions . . . More than a couple of attendees were caused stress by the directions they received. It was fun to talk about Zac for a couple of hours and show off pictures of how cute he is. Many of the people at the shower only have seen him once, and then he was only known as the "Navy buddy of Paul's who is at Megan's wedding reception dancing (a little too close) with the maid of honor." One of the girls at my shower laughed and told me that she had asked her mom when they were leaving Megan's wedding, "Are Kate and that boy dating?" Um, no. We were just getting to know each other. :) Now look at us. A year later and we're getting married. What a long, strange trip it has been.

Anyhow, most of the wedding decisions have been made. Now I can enjoy Thanksgiving, finish putting together Megan's baby shower, chill out until after Christmas and then get married.

No sweat.

ENJOY THE SEASON!


No comments: