Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Midweek musings

I've got writer's block. Blogger's block?

I went out for coffee on Sunday with an acquaintance from MN, Kim. I worked with Kim and her husband briefly back in Eagan. (They're both attorneys.) Then her husband joined the Air Force and they moved out here to Hickam in April. We made a point to keep in touch via e-mail and the other day we made some time to meet in person. Kim and I don't know each other very well, yet, but she's nice and easy to talk to. It's nice having someone going through the same things. Her situation is somewhat different, but that makes for interesting contrasts between our scenarios when they do come up. I'm going to be hanging out with Kim and a friend of hers on Friday night which I'm looking forward to. The friend is also an attorney, and her husband is currently deployed to Iraq. They were married 4-5 months ago. So the three of us have some major things in common: We all got married within the last year, we all have spouses in the military, we're all attorneys. It sounds like a great premise for a tv show. (But only if we started a law firm where we wore Ally McBeal-inspired skirt suits, right?)

Anyhow, it should be an interesting evening, and I'm really looking forward to it.

What else is new . . . Not much. Zac and I get up, he goes to work, I go to the living room. He gets home around 3:30-4:00. We chit chat, eat supper, run errands, hang out, watch House, take the dog on a walk and go to bed. Repeat.

Paul has chastised me for not going to the beach yet. I've been in Hawaii for almost a full month and I haven't set a toe on the sand or in the ocean. Zac and I might remedy that this weekend. We're thinking of driving around the island some and hitting up one of the beaches. That would be nice. I'd like to get out of the house and stretch my legs a little. As much stretching as one can do on an island. But it would be nice to see something other than Pearl City. Right now my life consists of a driving circuit between Pearl City, Ford Island, Pearl Harbor, the NEX and back to Pearl City again. I haven't had much reason to stray beyond that since our arrival, save a few exceptional circumstances. I think a trip to the North Shore might be a great change of pace.

1 comment:

~ Jill said...

i does seem crazy you haven't been to the beach. you are surrounded by beaches. go to them!

oh, and i still miss you!