Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Waiting on the Twins

The Twins play the White Sox tonight/this afternoon for their one-game play-in. I'm hoping that I'm able to track it down on tv out here in HI. I'm torn about my team. On one hand, I have to root for them. They're my team. I want them to succeed. I want them to win every game. On the other hand, we will get crushed in the first round of the playoffs. So what's better? Losing today and looking back at the season as a pleasant surprise and looking for a solid season next year? Or winning today to extend a season that shouldn't have been and then lose in the first round? I'm not sure. Regardless, I want to watch the game. And of course I'll root for them to win.

I went to IKEA's website to order a new slipcover for my futon today, but learned that they do not ship to Hawaii or Alaska. I'm not sure why. We DO get mail out here. They have things like airplanes and ships. It IS possible to transport goods out this way. So I was more than confused and pissy when I saw that I couldn't place my order. So now I'm trying to recruit my sister to pick up a slipcover in person and then mail it out to me, because apparently the United State Postal Service has located Hawaii and is able to transport mail out here. IKEA hasn't, but the USPS has. Go buy some stamps. Support the USPS.

1 comment:

Austin Gorton said...

Oh, the Twins...my heart is broken....

Boy, it would have been nice if the Twins had won Saturday against KC, so as to avoid last night's game. Or if Cliff Lee had pitched Sunday against the Sox, to knock them out.

The problem with losing the division by one game is that I can now go back through my head of all those close games we lost, games we should have won and say "if only..."

Well, at least we can watch the Rays sweep the Sox right back out of the playoffs, right?