Wednesday, September 19, 2007

T-minus 36 hour (or so)

Tick tock. Tick tock. Sitting here, watching the clock tick down until I hop on a plane to OKC. I started packing last night and was a little dismayed to realize that I was going to need to use the medium-sized suitcase instead of the smaller one. Granted, I am going to be gone for ten days, which is a fair amount of time. I'm just used to getting by with a small suitcase and minimal packing. This time around I have to tote along nice clothes as well. I'm usually not packing skirts and dresses and high heels. Also, it doesn't help that I'm bringing two extra pairs of shoes. This is my rationale:


If I only bring the two pairs that I had planned, I will get down there and freak out thinking that I should have brought the other pairs. "Wait a sec - I don't want to wear these! They don't look right! Oh, if only I had brought the other pairs!" By bringing the two extra pair I will be able to wear the original selections, because I'll be able to sooth my anxiety by saying, "See? The other shoes are here if you want them. But you don't want them. So just wear the ones you planned on." Clearly, I'm losing my mind.


Not much else to report. I've got a handful of errands I need to run before I leave. Although, now that I think about it, I could run some of them in OKC. For example, I need to get wrapping paper and boxes for the gifts I got Zac. Believe it or not, OKC actually has a Target or two. This way I could just transport the gifts in my suitcase without worrying about damaging the wrapping. . . This would also give me something to do on Friday morning, since I won't have much to do until my parents get there around 2:00.

No comments: