Monday, January 19, 2009

Makapu'u

Seven of us hiked up Makapu'u this morning. It's the furthest East you can get on O'ahu. It was nice and cool when we started out this morning, I even had a long-sleeved t-shirt on with my shorts. But as the sun rose higher, and we climbed, I got warm and took off my long sleeves. Notice how I neglected to mention the part of the morning when I applied a protective layer of sunscreen? Yeah, I forgot to put it on today. I now have a nice pink burn to remind myself of my stupidity. Luckily it's not too bad.

Here are some of the views from the day:
You may remember when Bernadette and I hiked up Koko Crater last month. Well, this is the view of the back of the crater. When you look at the crater from the "front" it looks like a big hill. From this vantage point it is much easier to see that it is, indeed, a crater.

Looking down the coast as we move along the trail. The view is even better looking the other way when you get to the top . . .
Yeah, that's nice.
It was a really amazing payoff for a (relatively) minor effort.
Ocean - Vast. Zac - Impressed.
Bernadette's husband, pointing out to Zac where we'll be adventuring next.

Pretty nice out, eh?

No comments: