Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Is this the end? Until September? Hope not.

They will be here for my computer in less than 12 hours. I regret only that I will be asleep for a majority of that time. I could be YouTubing or reading blogs or gmaping something. Instead I'll be wasting my last few precious hours of internet asleep. My priorities are clearly flawed.

Megan and Paul said I could use their laptop for the next month, as they rarely us it. (I know. I can't believe it either. I don't know how they do it.) I may take them up on the offer. Otherwise I'll be forced to memorize the hours the public library is open or start spending money at Dunn Bros. on coffee that I don't need just so I can use their computers. I suppose neither of those alternatives are horrible, but not necessarily desirable either. I am not anti-library or anti-coffee, far from it. I'm just anti-inconvenience. After all, I'm a Leo. It's all about catering to me.

Yes, the movers will be here in the morning. At least I hope the morning. I love the ambiguous 8-4 slot. Mom will be here to help (i.e. hold my hand) as they pack things. I love my ineptitude as an adult. Clearly I shouldn't be put in charge of children anytime soon. I hope they come early and pack stuff quickly. I'd love to get a run in tomorrow afternoon. I feel so out of whack. Out of sorts. My mental/physical/spiritual being is all out of balance. As much as I despise running, I do feel better when I do it regularly. (You can stop grinning now, jpd. Yes, this round is yours.) So maybe tomorrow will be the first day in a new cycle of health. Maybe.

I talked to Zac tonight on my computer via Skype, perhaps for the last time until his arrival at the end of August. Skype has been invaluable to my last 12 months. It was originally suggested to Zac and me by his sister, Nicci, who had hosted a few exchange students who used it to talk to their families back home. It really was a godsend. By using Skype to communicate between our computers, Zac and I haven't paid a dime to speak to each other since he got to El Sal last July. It's really quite remarkable. Now that Zac will be using Skype to call my phone the calls will incur a charge, but it's still relatively minor and we'll only have to do it for four weeks. Really, I can't complain. It's a great program. I can't thank Nicci enough for letting us know about it. She's saved us a lot of money over the last year.

But it is weird now knowing that I can't contact Zac, save e-mails I send from work. No instant messaging, no phone calls from me. I just have to sit back and wait for him to call me. Which he will. Almost every night around 9:00pm my time. Like clockwork. It's what we do. It will just be weird, especially now that it's only going to be me and Toivo around the house. Ah, the cats. That's a post for tomorrow -- the incentive I need to find a computer with internet access tomorrow. Til then.



No comments: