Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Adios! T-minus eight hours til departure

Well, I'm putting the finishing touches on my packing for El Sal. This time tomorrow I'll be in the central american country of seven million. I'm excited to go. A little nervous. More nervous to be spending time with my husband than the traveling or the destination. There's always that worry that things won't be like they were the last time you said goodbye. The sparks won't be there. You won't like each other anymore. You'll have grown apart. Hopefully this will be the last time we have to do this song and dance for awhile. I've gotten really tired of the away-for-three-months-"hi!"-for-a-week routine. Almost all of our two-year relationship has been long distance. It has gotten really, really old.

You know, I'm just a little crabby tonight and I keep self-editing everything I write, so I had better just wrap this up. I'll be back in the States on Monday. Probably won't post anything til Tuesday at the earliest. We'll see. Everyone take care, and I'm sure I'll have stories to share over beer when I get back.



No comments: