Thursday, August 21, 2008

Turns out that eating out for every meal isn't a great idea.

Ugh. Too much eating out. Arby’s because Zac was craving it last night. Baker’s Square for breakfast today. It’s Greek to Me for supper. I feel bloated. And generally out of shape. So I have a great idea! Let’s go to the State Fair tomorrow and eat all that crap for 10 hours! Hooray! [sigh] I’m going to need a body transplant after this weekend. I may have to go on a juicing detox. I’ve seen people going through that however, and I would fear for those in close proximity to me.

Yes, Zac is here. We’re all happy to see him, my family, Paul, Toivo. Everyone is excited to spend time with him. Tomorrow is the Great Minnesota Get Together. One of my favorite things in the whole wide world. For the last three(?) years, Autumn and I have gone to the Fair together. Last year we were there for 14 hours. Yes. Fourteen. It was a magnificent performance. Autumn and I have an established plan of attack. We’ll have to see how much Fair Zac is able to put up with. He seems to understand that not going is not an option, so I think he’ll be able to humor me for at least a few hours. Megan and Paul will be going as well, but we will be meeting up there.

I’m glad to have Zac home. I’m still having a hard time realizing that he’s not going anywhere, not for awhile anyhow. He’s here. Permanently. It’s a good thing, to be sure, but I don’t think it will hit me until a couple weeks in that Zac isn’t here on leave. And every time I see him I feel like there is a readjustment period where we get reintroduced to each other. It’s a weird sort of dance. For the number of times we’ve done it you’d think I’d be used to it. But no. It’s always awkward. But I’m happy to see him, and he’s happy to see me. So I think it will be just fine.

Zac says he needs to PT tomorrow morning. (Physical Training). He’s concerned about not fitting into his uniform when we get to Hawaii if he keeps eating like this. Maybe I should take a clue from him and get off my butt tomorrow morning and go for a run or something while he does the same. We’ll see. We’re supposed to be at the Fair at 9:30 to meet Megan and Paul. And I like sleep.

[sigh] I’m too lazy to be atheletic.

1 comment:

Austin Gorton said...

Ah yes, laziness also sounds the death knell of my athleticism.

Can't wait for the fair!